Many people know the stories of the apostles Peter, John, and Paul. They wrote much of the New Testament. Peter, John, and his brother James, were the closest friends that Jesus had. Paul was the greatest missionary and teacher that the church ever had. All but John were killed for their faith. It can be hard for believers today to relate to them.
You might say that these are the stories of the supporting cast of the New Testament. The characters we discuss in this series are much easier for many believers to relate to. Some of these people experienced great difficulties in their spiritual walks. What they all have in common is that demonstrated behaviors and character traits that any Christian today can have as well. God used them to build His church because of these characteristics.
For each study, we consider the following questions:
- What do we learn about the person from Bible verses in which he (or she) is an active participant?
- What do we know about the background of the person?
- What do we know about the character of the person?
- What do we know about the ministry of the person?
- What can we learn about from the person’s story that will help us live our own lives?
|Go to Videos||Go to Study Guides|